The game concept is of course based on our old game Conquest of Elysium II (which is now a freeware) , but apart from that most of the game has been completely remade. Maybe we’ll rename it too.
If you have played and enjoyed Dominions 3 previously then you will be pleased to know that this game also focuses on many different monsters, special abilities and spells. It is still a turn based strategy game, but it is much quicker and less complicated than Dominions.
Here is a list of some features that are available in CoE 3.
* Many monsters and many special abilities. Some examples right below.
* Assassins that make an assassination attack before combat starts.
* Catapults and Hill Giants that can throw boulders during sieges.
* Immortal Liches and Vampires.
* Exploding phoenixes (and they are immortal too).
* And many many more monsters….
* New weapon system, attacks are divided into pierce, slash or blunt damage (magic attacks have other types too). Skeletons are difficult to injure with piercing weapons and you should preferably use slashing weapons against treemen, etc.
* Hotseat and network support for multiplayer games.
* Random maps.
* Random events.
* 16 different classes to choose from. And they are quite different from each other, both in what resources they need and what kind of rituals or special abilities they have.
* Spell system with currently 42 magic paths.
* Magic items.
* Permanent battle afflictions.
* Stealth and invisibility. Scouts needed to detect stealthy troops, something better (a star spawn or a beast bat will work) needed to detect the invisible ones. There are shape changers too.
Thanks for our greatest news finder Grzegorz Budny !