This game was being worked on for one year now and the (solo) developer uses free/open source tools to create the game.
If the Indiegogo campaign will succeed the game will be released for all under the GPL and Creative Commons.
Questverse is a comedy, anime sci-fi RPG which is easy to learn and is inspired by the freedom and immersion of the original pen-and-paper RPG games. It is being developed in blender game engine by a sole person, and its planned supported platforms in priority order are GNU/Linux, Mac and windows.
Questverse puts you in the role of an agent of the galactic quest agency, your task? Make a living! For that you will need to accept the most strange quests, so you can receive a well deserved reward for your generosity; but maybe things will go far beyond what you expected… Questverse includes:
- Create your character(currently just nightkin and female, solarians are planned), choosing your race(from two), looks, powers, skills and personal details.
- Easy to learn, no loads of rpg stats, the game will be more about roleplaying your character.
- Lenght limited only by the number of quest packages you have.
- No two games will be the same, randomness and non linearity.
- Learn true facts about the cosmos while playing
- Combats will require more thinking than just attacking your opponent until him or you is defeated; gameplay also will require some thought.
- Original history, characters and concept
- And more…
Tools: Gimp, Inkscape, blender3D, LMMS, Audacity
Status: Under development
Code: Python, GLSL
Game Engine: Blender GE
Idiom: English and portuguese(BR)
License: Code – GNU GPL(If funding acquired) / Arts – Creative Commons NC ND
Target OS’s(in priority order): Linux > Windows > Mac OS X > Android
Type: Free base game IF funding is raised throught indiegogo.com
So if you want to help make this game a reality AND make it free for all, then donate and make it happen !